- What are the Primary Reasons for Bunn NHBX Coffee Maker to Leak from the Bottom?
- What are the Commendable Solutions for Fixing the Water Leakage Issue in Your Bunn NHBX Coffee Maker?
Have you tried everything and still can’t determine why your Bunn Coffee Maker is leaking from the bottom? This article will give you informative insights into why your coffee maker is leaking from the bottom. And while you dig further, you will unveil a few fixing techniques of the same.
The damaged silicone seal is the primary reason behind your Bunn coffee maker’s water leakage. This seal is typically present between the stainless steel water tank and the water reservoir of the coffee maker machine.
Sometimes, users might also notice that water leaks from both sides of the water tank of their coffee maker. And if this issue continues to persist, you might sometimes feel like throwing out your coffee maker. Furthermore, consider purchasing a new coffee maker instead of troubleshooting it.
But only some have the capability to discard their expensive coffee maker and purchase a new one promptly!
Thus, this article is here to reveal the most important causes behind the Bunn coffee maker leaking from the bottom. And while you delve deeper, this article will help you diagnose the actual problem behind the leakage. Furthermore, we will suggest a few commendable solutions for fixing the leak in your Bunn Coffee Maker.
Come, let’s begin.
What are the Primary Reasons for Bunn NHBX Coffee Maker to Leak from the Bottom?
Your Bunn NHBX coffee maker might start leaking from the bottom due to one or more reasons. Here, in this section, we have collated a few obvious reasons for the leakage. Some of them include the following:
Partially or Completely Damaged Silicone Seal
The most obvious or probably the only reason why your Bunn NHBX coffee maker leaks are because of the damaged silicone seal.
While your coffee maker machine is used consistently, it is continuously exposed to severe heat. And the soft silicone seal that is present between the water reservoir and the water tank starts to melt. Furthermore, when it reaches the extreme, the silicone seal starts diminishing.
After a certain point of time, the seal gets completely damaged. This phenomenon of damage is widely known as Planned Obsolescence.
Once the silicone seal of the Bunn coffee maker gets completely damaged or spoiled, you won’t get coverage from the company. In a nutshell, you probably cannot ask the manufacturers to repair the otherwise damaged silicone seal. It’s because the company doesn’t have the license to repair or replace the seal.
A Buildup of Internal Mineral Deposit
If you have been using your Bunn coffee maker for quite some time, it’s likely to have internal mineral deposit buildup. And this is one obvious reason that causes water to leak from the bottom as well as the sides of the coffee maker.
The primary reason behind the mineral deposit buildup is probably because of the water. Sometimes, water is induced with hard and rich minerals. And over time, these minerals get deposited within the circuit of the machine.
Furthermore, these deposits might probably cause the Bunn coffee machine to malfunction and not perform appropriately. This mainly happens because the water inside the coffee maker machine becomes incapable of flowing into the water tank.
Thus, the water inside the coffee maker machine starts coming out from the sides as well as the bottom. So we can rightfully state that the mineral deposits buildup within the coffee maker also causes water leakage.
Handling the Coffee Maker Machine Inappropriately
If you are a novice at handling coffee machines, then you might not be familiar with the exact operations. And sometimes, using the Bunn coffee maker machine inappropriately might promote occasional wear and tear to the machine.
That’s exactly how the internal circuit of the coffee maker machine loosens and gets damaged eventually. Further, it doesn’t allow water to get inside the water tank of the Bunn coffee maker. Rather, it forces the water to come out from either the bottom or the sides of the Bunn coffee maker.
Thus we can rightfully state that handling your Bunn coffee maker improperly has a greater possibility of promoting water leakage.
Broken or Damaged Filter Holder
The NHBX coffee maker’s filter holder is made of plastic, deliberately holding the filter in an appropriate position. As the filter holder is made of a fragile component, it is likely to break very easily. Thus, it can cause water to leak from the bottom of your Bunn Coffee Maker.
What are the Commendable Solutions for Fixing the Water Leakage Issue in Your Bunn NHBX Coffee Maker?
If your Bunn NHBX Coffee Maker is leaking from the bottom, then there are some quick solutions to it. Here in this section, we have listed some remarkable fixes that can prevent your coffee maker’s water leakage issue. Some of them are:
If your Bunn coffee maker’s internal soft silicon seal is damaged, then the company won’t provide any replacement seal. However, you always have the privilege of replacing the seal manually.
You need not worry much as the procedure isn’t very hard. Here, we will brief you on the appropriate way of doing the same.
Things You’ll Require:
- A new silicone gasket for Bunn Coffee Maker
- A silicone sealant
- A set of magnetic screwdrivers
- Firstly, you are required to open the top cover of your Bunn NHBX Coffee Maker properly. You will find a few screws on the top. And to remove them, you can make the best use of magnetic screwdrivers.
- Next, you must remove the top plastic cover and carefully remove the plastic plunger from within. The plastic plunger takes care of the water flow. And as it might get dirty over time, you can consider cleaning it by removing the sediments.
- After successfully removing the plunger, you will notice the silicone seal. Please note that as the silicone seal is constantly exposed to heat, it is very likely to get damaged.
- If you notice that your silicone seal is damaged, you need to remove it. Please ensure that you take out the brittle silicone seal carefully.
- After that, you must appropriately fit the replacement silicone gasket in the same port. Double-check to see that the new gasket fits properly in its place to prevent water from leaking again.
- You can also consider using an effective silicone sealant to ensure that the new seal fits appropriately. Thus, you can create a strong, waterproof seal for your Bunn Coffee maker.
- After you have applied the sealant, leave your coffee maker for a few minutes. Allow the new silicone gasket and the sealant to establish a new bond.
- And finally, you need to run a quick test. You need to pour some water and check whether the water leaks from the sides or the bottom.
If you don’t notice any leakage as such, then congratulations! You’ve successfully fixed the water leakage issue in your Bunn Coffee maker.
Sometimes, you might notice that the silicone seal of your Bunn Coffee maker has developed a few cracks or loosened. And if this is the reason behind your coffee machine leaking, then you can fix it without replacing anything.
Things You’ll Require:
- A set of magnetic screwdrivers
- Silicone adhesive sealant
- Firstly, you need to open the top cover of your Bunn Coffee Maker and carefully remove the plunger.
- Next, you need to look out for cracks in the silicone seal of the water reservoir. You need to apply the adhesive sealant in the appropriate places.
- After you’ve applied the sealant, please allow it to dry for a few minutes before you can run a test.
Please note that the adhesive sealant is a remarkable solution to prevent the silicone gasket from melting. Also, it is truly non-toxic and extremely easy to apply. Thus, we can rightfully state that after you’ve applied the sealant, it’s completely safe to drink coffee from the same.