Coffee addicts have voted the “Hamilton Beach FlexBrew Coffee Machine” as the best coffee brewer. It’s mainly because it doesn’t just act as a “single serve” coffee brewer but also acts as a “drip coffee maker” at the same time.
But you might feel a bit disappointed when these coffee makers start to show problems while brewing coffee.
You might think that it’s time to replace the old one with the new one. But most of the time, it’s not really the case.
So, when your Beach FlexBrew Single Serve coffee machine is getting clogged, you can easily get it fixed by yourself.
There are some helpful ways to get rid of the clogging issue completely, and you will learn about them through this article. So, let’s get started!
Clogging of Hamilton Coffee Machine: Why Does It Happen?
Before you jump to the main part, you first need to find out why this coffee maker gets clogged.
On certain occasions, there are individuals who think that the coffee maker has been damaged or broken when it doesn’t brew the coffee properly.
Without even finding the reason behind the issue, they throw the coffee maker away and plan to get a new one. This is something you must not do.
So, when your coffee maker, especially the Hamilton Beach FlexBrew Coffee Maker, doesn’t function as it did, you don’t have to panic.
Such problems occur mainly because the coffee maker is clogged and starts to malfunction.
This clearly shows that the coffee maker is not broken, and there is no reason for you to get rid of it. Coffee makers will function properly when the hot water passes through the coffee.
But if you find your coffee pot is empty and the water has heated up, you will surely notice a clog in the coffee maker.
This can be pretty frustrating, but you can easily get this problem fixed instantly without much hassle. Besides that, there are several ways through which clogging can occur, and one of them is mold.
Yes, coffee makers can become moldy, and it will occur within the interior section of the machine.
It’s mainly because the insides of the coffee maker have a damp and warm environment. Due to such reasons, it transforms into a place where germs and bacteria can develop pretty easily.
But all the mold can be prevented easily if you regularly keep the coffee maker clean. This will also stop clogging from taking place.
How to Fix the Clogging in Hamilton Beach Coffee Machine?
When your Single Serve Hamilton Beach Coffee Maker is experiencing clogging issues, you should try fixing it.
But it’s important to get the coffee maker in the correct manner, otherwise, other problems might occur. There are several ways to get rid of the clogging, and they are:
Method 1: Cleaning the Coffee Maker with Vinegar
To clean the Hamilton Beach Single-Serve Coffee Maker with vinegar, you should follow these steps:
- Step 1: Find the carafe side, which is located at the front section of the Hamilton Beach FlexBrew Coffee maker.
- Step 2: Take ½ cup of vinegar along with ½ cup of cold water and then pour them together within the water reservoir.
- Step 3: Click on the “ON” button and keep it running for 30 seconds. After that, stop the brewing process by switching off the machine. Now, you just have to wait for around 20 to 30 minutes.
- Step 4: Turn on the coffee maker once again and then finish up the brewing work with the water and vinegar mixture. Once it’s done, you can stop the machine by switching it off.
- Step 5: You need to run at least 2 or 3 cycles of the brewing process so that water comes out clean. Don’t keep the machine running constantly. Enable the machine to cool off during the brewing cycles.
This particular process will surely get rid of the clogging effectively. You can then use the coffee maker like you normally do.
Method 2: Cleaning with Baking Soda
Even though baking soda is used mainly in cooking, it can also be used for unclogging the Hamilton Beach FlexBrew Single Serve Coffee Machine.
There have been many analyses that have proven baking soda to be highly effective when it comes to eliminating bacteria.
Experts say that with baking soda, you can easily get rid of bacteria like “E.coli,” “Salmonella” and “Staphylococcus Aureus” in 5 minutes. But the best part is that baking soda is completely edible.
Baking soda will not leave out any residue that can harm the coffee maker once you finish the cleaning work. So, how to unclog your Hamilton Beach coffee maker? Let’s find out!
- Step 1: You need to disassemble the coffee machine
- Step 2: Wash all the parts of the coffee maker with a dish soap [the natural one]
- Step 3: Take a cup of warm water and a quarter cup of baking soda. Mix it together properly and make sure there are no clumps present in the mixture.
- Step 4: Now, you must pour the mixture into the water chamber of the coffee maker
- Step 5: You should begin the brewing process. Be sure to stop the process once you notice the drips are spilling out.
- Step 6: After the process ends, you just have to wait for at least 3 to 5 minutes
- Step 7: Once you have completed the entire brewing cycle, you can get rid of the mixture and then conduct a full and last cycle with clean water. Doing so will completely clean up the interiors of the machine.
This particular process is ideal for individuals who are looking for an alternative option for the vinegar-cleaning process. It’s simple, fast, and effective.
Method 3: Salt and Lemon
Using salt and lemon to unclog the coffee machine is also an excellent process. You just have to take some coarse salt and sprinkle it on the insides of the coffee maker.
Make sure that the salt reaches all the deep sections of the machine’s interior. You can go for any type of salt for this process, and Rock Salt, Kosher, and Epsom are the best options.
After that, take half a lemon and then use it on the insides of the coffee maker. You can clean up the machine’s interiors with soap and warm water.
Method 4: The Detergent Tablets
Another great way you can easily get rid of the clogging from your coffee maker is with detergent tablets. It might sound pretty weird, but it’s certainly effective to eliminate the clogging problem.
Firstly, you should take the coffee pot and clean it properly in warm water. While cleaning it, you should utilize the dishwashing tablet to scour the interiors of the pot.
As you keep using the detergent tablet, you will find it will begin to crumble. But that’s not the issue. Even if it keeps on crumbling, you can continue to scrub the coffee pot and then rinse it with water.
Otherwise, you can take the detergent tablet and place it inside the coffee maker and fill it with hot water. Leave it like that for at least 1 hour and then get rid of the water. Make sure to wash the coffee pot properly so that there are no traces of the detergent tablet in it.
Just like all the other coffee makers, the Hamilton Beach FlexBrew can also experience issues when brewing coffee.
Problems such as clogging are one of the primary problems in coffee makers, and it occurs when you don’t clean up the coffee presence inside.
Once you properly clean the interiors of your coffee maker, you will also get rid of dirt and even bacteria from it.
The solutions for unclogging the Hamilton Beach FlexBrew coffee maker mentioned in this article are helpful and effective at the same time. Make sure to go through each of them and opt for the one based on your needs.