The new and improved Keurig 2.0 is a brewing appliance that has introduced special features like K cup pod scanning technology. The upgraded technology of Keurig 2.0 helps you make a better cup of coffee. Its lid scanning feature determines the amount of water needed to brew the perfect cup of coffee.
But there are certain issues the users have faced with this appliance over time. All of these problems are minor and solvable so that it does not become hectic for consumers. One of such problems arises when the touch screen of the all-new Keurig 2.0 turns blank all of a sudden.
Why Does Keurig 2.0 Screen Blank?
Many users have complained that this fancy appliance sometimes shows errors in loading the touch screen option. As a result, the screen appears to be blank. Your screen might also not work properly, and it might appear to be dim or blank.
If you have experienced this, there are simple remedies to opt for that can help fix your brewing system. You can turn off and then turn on the appliance to check whether the condition of the screen is restored.
- If it is still not working, you must try cleaning your device as debris accumulated inside the appliance can cause jamming in the functioning of the system.
- Also, try resetting the entire appliance if the screen is still blank or is not responding.
The last way to restore the condition of the screen is to contact customer care and ask them to take a look at the device. They will recommend either repairing the product or replacing it with a new one.
How To Fix Keurig 2.0 When Screen Turns Blank?
Your Keurig not dispensing enough water or the taste of your coffee is odd. These are some problems you might be facing. However, there are other problems too faced by users dealing with the latest technology of Keurig 2.0.
Sometimes, it might happen that your screen automatically freezes and becomes blank for a few moments.
Now, this might not affect you when you are free. But as soon as you are late for work and are brewing some ready-to-go coffee, you might find why this will bother you. To help fix this problem within a matter of seconds, we have listed just the right remedies for you.
1. Reset Your Keurig 2.0 Brewing Machine
There is a completely different technique for resetting Keurig 2.0. The steps you have to follow to reset your machine are given in this table below.
2. Make Sure That The Display Of Your Appliance Is Clean
If you are not able to solve the issues you face while turning on your device, it is best to check whether it is clean or not. Though some people might think that the working of your appliance does not depend on its cleanliness, this is where they are wrong.
Sometimes, if your device is not clean, it will not work just like it used to. The debris might also get accumulated, which in turn might cause jam in the functioning of the same.
In order to clean your brewing machine, it is always advised to turn it off and unplug it from the power source. This way, you will not face the risks of getting electrical shocks while you are cleaning your appliance. After doing so, take a bit of Lysol or any other cleaning agents.
Make use of a paper towel or a soft cloth to wipe the screen. While doing so, make sure that you also clean the edges where the bevel comes in contact with the screen. This is because dust, dirt, and other debris are likely to get trapped there, causing dirt to accumulate and cause problems.
This can be one of the many reasons why your screen turns blank occasionally, and you face problems in brewing a perfect cup of coffee.
3. Try To Run Brewing Cycles Using Water Only
Once you are done with the cleaning of the Keurig 2.0, you have to conduct a few brewing cycles to make sure that you get rid of all the cleaning agents you made use of. In order to do this, follow the given steps:
Discard the K-cup of your Keurig 2.0 and thoroughly clean it.
- Now, gently clean the pop holder using a damp paper towel. Make sure not to come in contact with the needle while doing so.
- Now, shut the lid of the brewing machine and plug it into the power source.
- Even if the screen is blank, press the bottom right corner of the screen. While doing so, you will notice the sound of the water inside the brewing machine bubbling up.
- As soon as the water stops heating up, select the Keurig option.
- Then, open and close the lid of the brewing machine. Press the Keurig button once again. As you do this, the appliance will stop dispensing water.
- As the entire water amount is dispensed, leave the lid open for about 3 minutes.
- After the time is up, unplug the machine from the power source and close the lid. Leave this in the same position for about a minute before turning the machine on.
- If the touch screen does not work after you have done this, repeat the entire process once again.
Another way to deal with the blank screen is by unplugging the power source and plugging it back on. But if your screen problem is not resolved by then, you will have to go for troubleshooting.
Plug in your Keurig 2.0 brewing machine, and you will notice that the power option is situated at the bottom left of the display column.
- If you do not see any options, select ‘My Keurig Won’t Turn On.’ If the Power option is visible, turn it on.
- After the Power button has been turned on, you must go to the ‘Menu’ option and set the timer.
- Search for yourself in the Menu option and set all menu options.
- As you come across the option of “Lift to begin,” you must lift the handle up. Afterward, you must lower it down.
- Your troubleshooting idea will be successful once your brewer begins to show signs that it is beginning to start brewing once again.
This problem is solvable if you have just experienced it once and are solving it using the technique provided above. But if you are constantly facing issues of your screen turning blank or not responding, the time has come to contact customer service.
The customer service offered by Keurig 2.0 is incredible, whether your appliance is within warranty or not. They will identify the major root from where the problem is arising so that you can get help at the earliest. If you consult them, they will recommend either repairing the product or replacement with a new one instead.
The Bottom Line
The Keurig 2.0 is the advanced version of the standard Keurig, where you get the additional feature of scanning the lid.
Scanning the lid helps in determining the amount of water as well as the room temperature needed to get the perfect cup of coffee.
However, you may also face some problems that include the screen turning blank and not responding often. While there are some tricks on how to fix it, one usually opts for customer service to save time and effort.