- Why Does My Keurig K Compact All Lights Stay On?
- How to Fix a Keurig K Compact Lights Stay On?
- How Frequently Should You Descale The Keurig K Compact Machine?
- What To Do When Keurig Leaves Coffee Grounds In The Cup?
- Final Thoughts
Everyone wants to start their day with a refreshing cup of coffee. However, coffee machines are unpredictable and may show problems at times. One of the world’s most renowned and reputed coffee makers now – Keurig – also has a rare problem. The problem is that the Keurig K compact lights stay on.
The Keurig K compact lights stay on primarily due to clogging. It is a signal that your coffee machine needs some cleaning. Another possible reason could be the restricted water flow inside the machine using tightly packed K-cups. The best way to fix it is by cleaning the drip tray, unclogging the needle, and running a descaling and rinse cycle.
In this article, you’ll get all insights into why the Keurig K Compact coffee machine has all the lights on. You’ll also find the solutions to fix this problem as soon as possible. If not fixed sooner, the water or coffee will sit in the pipes or pumps for too long, eventually damaging the machine.
Why Does My Keurig K Compact All Lights Stay On?
Keurig K Compact lights staying on is a rare problem that occurs from time to time. It’s not a big issue and is fixable, but if you don’t fix it soon, the coffee ground or water will sit in the pipes or pumps for too long and damage the machine.
In the below sections, you’ll discover why your Keurig K Compact light stays on and the possible ways to fix it. So, keep reading.
The Keurig K Compact light is a common feature known as descaling light. If this light stays on, it signals that your coffee machine will need some cleaning.
- The light stays on when particles of dirt, debris, or calcium deposit on the machine’s inner parts. Basically, clogging is the reason behind this light staying on.
- At times, your machine may stop functioning due to this problem.
- Another reason the compact light stays on is the restricted water flow inside the coffee maker. It happens when you use refillable K-cups by packing them too tightly.
No matter the reason, there’s always a solution to resolve it. Let’s jump into the section where you’ll learn how to fix this issue.
How to Fix a Keurig K Compact Lights Stay On?
Descaling or cleaning your Keurig is something you must do every three months. If you want to resolve the light stays-on problem on your Keurig machine, you’ll have to unclog it with the right supplies and techniques. Here’s a step-by-step guide to fixing this issue.
- Preparation Time: 2 minutes
- Descaling Time: 10 minutes
- Rinse Cycle Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 22 minutes
Equipment Needed To Unclog a Keurig Coffee Machine:
- Safety pin or rinse pods
- Dishcloth or sponge
- Maintenance accessory tool
- Dish soap and water
- Keurig descaling solution or white vinegar
Step 1: Cleaning The Drip Tray
If the Keurig K Compact comes with a removable drip tray, you must take it out. Then, wash it with dish soap and water.
Step 2: Unclogging The Keurig Exit Needle
At times, when you’re planning to descale your Keurig and fix the lights, you’ll have to clean the machine’s exit needle before. If you observe correctly, you’ll find a tiny bump sticking out of the K-cup.
A tiny needle pierces this bump present at the cup’s bottom. At times, the needle can deal with blockage. The reason is a deposit of the ground coffee or some debris deposit.
In such a case, you’ll be unable to brew coffee. However, there is two way to fix the issue:
- If you’ve bought a brewer maintenance kit from Keurig, use one of the rinse pods and place it onto the K-cup holder. Then, start filling out the water reservoir and press the brewing button.
- Another solution is using a safety pin or paper clip. This method needs precision, and you’ll have to be cautious of the sharp needle.
- Open the brew head and take a good look at the needle. If you find any coffee ground or debris deposit, use the pin and carefully take them out.
Step 3: Go For a Descaling Cycle
- Now, you’ll have to descale your coffee brewer. You’ll have to undergo descaling for clearing and cleaning out the debris deposited inside the machine.
- Use white vinegar or Keurig descaling solution into the water pump or reservoir. However, make sure that you fill it halfway only.
- After that, fill the remaining portion of the reservoir with water and press the brew button. Finally, you can discard the cleaning solution.
Step 4: Go For a Rinsing Cycle (If Possible, Do It Three Times!)
- No one wants to taste cleaning solutions in their first cup of coffee. That’s why going for a cycle or three of rinsing water through the brewer is essential.
- Take the reservoir, fill it with water, and try not to add any K-cup. Then, simply press the brew button to let the water discard and flow out.
By now, your Keurig K Compact machine should be wholly unclogged, the lights problem will go, and you can start brewing coffee again.
What To Do When Descaling Doesn’t Work?
If you find the Keurig lights stay on despite descaling it, be sure there’s something wrong. The reason can be the deposit of excessive scale, and you may have to repeat the above steps with a different cleaning solution.
You can use strong vinegar (white) and let it sit on the machine for an hour or two. If your machine has a really strong, sticky, and irritating build-up, you can pierce through it with the help of citric acid. The Keurig K Compact lights on mean one thing or the other is restricting the water flow.
So, if you find it to be a consistent problem, you’ll have to determine what is restricting the water flow – a big cup in the machine or a dodgy pipe. If nothing works, your last option is to call customer support.
How Frequently Should You Descale The Keurig K Compact Machine?
It’s imperative to descale your Keurig machine at the interval of every three months. However, if you use the Keurig machine way more than what an average person uses, you’ll need to do descaling more often. Plus, you must change and clean the water filter every two months. If not, your coffee will come out with a bad taste.
What To Do When Keurig Leaves Coffee Grounds In The Cup?
Nothing can be worse than waking up to a cup of coffee with coffee grounds floating on top. The reason why you have coffee ground in the cup can be the type of grind for the coffee beans in your K-cup.
You can efficiently resolve this issue using a coarse grind for the K-cup. However, if you still don’t like the consistency or taste of the coffee, you can go for a darker roast. It will help you brew more flavor and give you the desired coffee.
There you have it: the reasons why Keurig K Compact lights stay on and how to fix them. See, you may consider this machine to be small and simple, but they do need frequent cleaning and maintenance.
Everyone wants to wake up, use their coffee machine without any hassle, and enjoy their first cup of refreshing coffee.
Hopefully, this guide will help you enjoy consistent, hassle-free cups of coffee every day once you fix this issue. Ensure you get the equipment, follow the steps, and do as told.
If the problem still persists, contact a Keurig customer support representative.